Now Playing: something on the PBS channel!
why is there only 3 days left before Christmas?!
It's not like I don't know what day it is. It's just that one person can only do so much and I think right now I'm in the "don't wanna do it" mindset. Usually happens this close to Christmas. Which explains why for more years than I can count, I'm rushing around at the last minute getting those "last minute" gifts (they are only last minute because we wait that long!), baking cookies, and wrapping. OMG - WRAPPING! I've decided that to accomplish all this I really need:
- A Personal Shopper - This person must know exactly what I want for each person on my list and be good at sniffing out the sales, dealing with idiotic people, and smiling the entire time while Christmas Songs play in their head!
- Someone who is like that lady who does all the home decor projects on TV (also has a show) but we don't ever utter the name in my home (initials are MS) - they can decorate like a pro, wrap gifts that look seamless, create awesome bows to place on said gifts, and once again - smiling the entire time.
- An accountant - to keep all the buying under control while keeping tabs on the money in said accounts to make sure nothing gets overdrawn.
- A Chef - this person must know exactly what time each dish will go into the oven or on the stove in order that nothing is done before something else. They must also know exactly how to deal with the leftovers. Cookies must be all homemade and so delicious they could win awards.
- A Maid - to make sure the house sparkles from top to bottom in all rooms at all times throughout all the chaos that will rain down come Christmas Day.
- An Organizer - to go through First Grader's dresser and closet and remove all those items that are too small as well as go through all the toys and remove those that are broken, pieces are missing, are out of the age range (i.e. "baby" toys) as well as organize everything else in the house.
- A Professional Photographer - actually I have one of those - my daughter (please check out her website: http://www.yourlongtermmemories.com ! (shameless plug)
- The Energizer Bunny - someone who can keep going and going (remember: the smile!) without stopping and deciding that it's nap time!
Oh, wait a minute - my family already thinks I have all those people - they think it's me! Wow, how have I managed to pull the wool over their eyes for so long?! To tell you how time crunched I feel - I had a fleeting thought about ordering pizza on Christmas day - to get out of cooking! Yeah, nothing says Christmas like Dominos Pepperoni pizza!
So tell me, have you suddenly (after many years) decided to change your Christmas dinner, present exchange, or something else so drastic that your family thought the sky would fall in and the earth would open up and swallow you whole? What? And did it make the day seem less chaotic? I'm all for suggestions! Please leave some!